[comp.sys.amiga.tech] setting the mouse pointers position

GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (12/04/90)

Is there any way to set the mouse coordinates in a proper way ?
I'm trying to write a record/replay-ish program and need to
reset the mouse coordinates when starting up.

Ives Aerts: GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET  Multitasking: a MUST (not only
            GHGAEAB@BLEKUL11.BITNET   for schyzophrenics...)

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (12/04/90)

In article <90337.181519GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be> GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be writes:
>Is there any way to set the mouse coordinates in a proper way ?
>I'm trying to write a record/replay-ish program and need to
>reset the mouse coordinates when starting up.

You can send a POINTERPOS input event.  It allows you to specify
mouse coordinates in 640 x 400 (640 x 512 PAL).  This is the
same as IBase->MouseX/Y.

2.0 has a NEWPOINTERPOS event which can accept a screen pointer,
allowing you to give mouse coordinates in screen resolution units.

--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com

dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (Chris Dueker) (12/12/90)

In article <90337.181519GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be>, GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be writes...
>Is there any way to set the mouse coordinates in a proper way ?
>I'm trying to write a record/replay-ish program and need to
>reset the mouse coordinates when starting up.
>
>Ives Aerts: GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET  Multitasking: a MUST (not only
>            GHGAEAB@BLEKUL11.BITNET   for schyzophrenics...)

There is a program on one of the Fish disks called Record-Replay (I think).
'Fraid I don't remember which Fish disk offhand.  My first guess would be
in the upper 200's, but...

It actually records the mouse movements and menu selections (and keystrokes?)
of any program you ran.  It could then repeat those events for playback,
such as showing a demo.

When I get a chance, I'll check on that for you, and let you know the disk
number, the name (in case I mis-remembered) and if there was source, too.

Chris
"Ah, Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intellegence!"
"Oh, thank you, Master!"             - from the movie, TIME BANDITS
dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov        |   Chris Dueker (The Code Slinger)
duke@well.sf.ca.us               |   Mtn. View, CA  (Sillycon Valley!)

dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (Chris Dueker) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec12.162246.25971@nas.nasa.gov>, dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (Chris Dueker) writes...
>In article <90337.181519GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be>, GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be writes...
>>Is there any way to set the mouse coordinates in a proper way ?
>>I'm trying to write a record/replay-ish program and need to
>>reset the mouse coordinates when starting up.
>>
>>Ives Aerts: GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET  Multitasking: a MUST (not only
>>            GHGAEAB@BLEKUL11.BITNET   for schyzophrenics...)
>
>There is a program on one of the Fish disks called Record-Replay (I think).
>'Fraid I don't remember which Fish disk offhand.  My first guess would be
>in the upper 200's, but...
>
>It actually records the mouse movements and menu selections (and keystrokes?)
>of any program you ran.  It could then repeat those events for playback,
>such as showing a demo.
>
>When I get a chance, I'll check on that for you, and let you know the disk
>number, the name (in case I mis-remembered) and if there was source, too.

Boy, did I misremember the Fish disk number!  It's on #105.  The paragraph
from FF105 for it follows:

Record-Replay    A program that records a sequence of mouse and keyboard
                 events as they occur and stores them in a file.  The file
                 can be played back to cause the same sequence of events to
                 occur again.  Very useful for creating demonstrations
                 of programs or documenting repeatable bugs.  This is
                 version 2.0, an update to the version on disk 95.
                 Shareware, binary only.