[comp.sys.amiga.tech] SAS/C 2.0 include files

hclausen@adspdk.UUCP (Henrik Clausen) (12/18/90)

In article <27460.2768a8e9@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, markv@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

> In Lattice the Amiga protos are in <proto/XXXX.h> where xxx is the
> name of the library.  <proto/all.h> will include all libraries.  Note
> that these files also have the #pragma's to generate in-line function
> called.
>
> >Q#2:Did you guys even TRY compiling any 2.0-specific source? (Ok,maybe I won't
> >ask that question.)
>
> SAS 5.1 seems to compile what little 2.0 sources I've stuffed through
> it, although I still suffer some minor problems with the 5.1 LMK
> occasionally wanting a return to execute.  But overall, its pretty
> stable :-).

   I've encountered a problem with the mathieeedoub*.h pragma files. The
2.0 version of this runs:

#pragma libcall MathIeeeDoubTransBase IEEEDPSin 24 1002

   #pragma experts will notice that this expects two arguments - to do a
Sin()!!!

   I encountered the same when I converted .fd files to pragma statements
with their FD2Pragma program, and it seems FD2Pragma doesn't recognize that
the parameter in D0 & D1 is in fact a double, which means just a single
argument. The syntax of .fd files isn't that helpful in this situation,
though.

   This creates a BLTN109 warning on every math call I did, and that means
quite a few.

   The 5.05 include files looked like:

#pragma libcall MathIeeeDoubTransBase IEEEDPSin 24 1

   Now, I didn't like the sole '1' at the end, it seemed more accurate to
specify the registers, so I changed the line to:

#pragma libcall MathIeeeDoubTransBase IEEEDPSin 24 001

   One of John Toebes' words on this is 'Thou shalt not modify header files'
but there are limits to my patience.

   This has been reported to SAS via the normal channels. The Enforcer hits
by LC2 have not, but I'll avait the 5.1a upgrade to look further at that.

                                                -Henrik
| Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data | If the Doors of Perception where cleansed, |
| ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!  | Man would see Reality as it is - Infinite. |