[comp.sys.amiga.tech] WB 2.0 and Agnus

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (12/11/90)

>In article <5435.2760c937@zeus.unomaha.edu> bacon@zeus.unomaha.edu writes:

>Also, those of us who have A1000's or A500's will have to stick to something
>like the ARP set unless we shell out the bucks for chip upgrades and the
>boards to go with them since WB2.X requires the Agnus 1meg chip.

I was under the impression that 2.0 would NOT require the ECS.	Since
anyone you ask is likely to have a different opinion, could someone from
Commodore please tell us whether this is true?

--
paper :  James Shaffer Jr., 37 Brook Street, Montgomery, PA  17752
uucp  :  uunet!cbmvax!amix!vanth!jms  (or)  rutgers!cbmvax!amix!vanth!jms

In article <jms.1998@vanth.UUCP> jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) writes:
>I was under the impression that 2.0 would NOT require the ECS.	Since
>anyone you ask is likely to have a different opinion, could someone from
>Commodore please tell us whether this is true?

	2.0 (the rom) does not require ECS.  Of course, without ECS chips
you don't get any of the ECS features.  I have no knowlege of how 2.0 will
be distributed/installed by the various sales companies for machines other
than the A3000.  I would suspect a bundle with ECS chips, and ROM available
separately, but I don't know for sure and don't quote me on it, it's just a
guess.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)