[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Help with floppy drive interrupts

hakimian%tek4@YODA.EECS.WSU.EDU (11/30/90)

According to the RKM's the interrupts from the floppy port DSKSYNC & BLKDONE
(sp?) are serviced by handlers. If I wanted to handle these interrupts with
my own code I would have to replace the handler with mine. In order to keep the
system running properly (i.e. be able to use the floppies) what would I have
to do in my handler? Could I simply add my code to what is there? If so how?
Is what the system does with floppy drive interrupts documented someplace?

Thanks.

Karl Hakimian
hakimian@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu

In article <9011292134.AA25742@tek4> hakimian%tek4@YODA.EECS.WSU.EDU writes:
>According to the RKM's the interrupts from the floppy port DSKSYNC & BLKDONE
>(sp?) are serviced by handlers. If I wanted to handle these interrupts with
>my own code I would have to replace the handler with mine. In order to keep the
>system running properly (i.e. be able to use the floppies) what would I have
>to do in my handler? Could I simply add my code to what is there? If so how?
>Is what the system does with floppy drive interrupts documented someplace?

	Most of the disk-related interrupts are arbitrated by disk.resource.
Read the docs on GetUnit.  Most things have little reason to use the
DISKSYNC interrupt - interrupt latency alone will kill you.  See the docs
on INDEXSYNC in the description of RAWREAD/RAWWRITE.  (Actually, I'm not
even certain there is a DISKSYNC interrupt - sure you didn't mean index sync?)

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)