[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Data Becker Books

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (12/19/90)

In article <185d09ac.ARN0290@spirits.ka.sub.org> rob@spirits.ka.sub.org writes:
>In article <2542@wn1.sci.kun.nl>, Olaf Seibert writes:
>
>> Many of them are translations from German books from the publisher Data
>> Becker, and those books have a reputation of containing more incorrect
>> than correct information.  Unfortunately, unless you already have a lot
>
>That's true.
>One Example: The Big C-Book (AMIGA) from Data Becker
>             ("Das grosse C-Buch":Bleek/Jennrich/Schulz).
[example of incorrect C deleted]

Dead right. And in their book "The Amiga Advanced System Programmers
Guide", they have a "wonderful" routine to cleanup the system.

In the section they are trying to make the point that everyone should
program the Amiga the way C= intended, fair enough, but in their
CloseIt routine they have a nice for loop which writes straight to
the COLOR00 register to flash the background colour. I hope
nobody uses it...

--
Matt Crowd       Amiga Man
Email Address    glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au