[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Atime & Amouse no longer work

griffin@frith.msu.edu (Danny Griffin) (12/31/90)

Atime and Amouse no longer work on my A2088.  At first I thought it
might be because of a DSC Arcnet board I installed, but when I removed
it to change its interrupt I found out that Atime and Amouse still
don't work.  My files are still there uncorrupted, but Amouse hangs
with the message "Waiting for Amouse on the Amiga...press any key to abort"
(and then "Amouse not active" when I do) and Atime gives me goofy data...
either low graphics characters like 0x03, 0x04, or part of my path.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong?
--
Dan Griffin               | A "critic" is a man who creates nothing and
griffin@frith.egr.msu.edu | thereby feels qualified to judge the works of
                          | creative men.  There is logic in this; he is
"Crritic!" -- Estragon    | unbiased -- he hates all creative people equally.

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (12/31/90)

griffin@frith.msu.edu (Danny Griffin) writes:
>My files are still there uncorrupted, but Amouse hangs
>with the message "Waiting for Amouse on the Amiga...press any key to abort"
>(and then "Amouse not active" when I do) and Atime gives me goofy data...
>either low graphics characters like 0x03, 0x04, or part of my path.

I have found that most of the Janus stuff is *extremely* timing dependent.
After I spent time playing around with my startup-sequence, I finally hit
a combination where everything works most of the time.  I still have the
janus.library occasionally fail to load, or atime screw up on the PC side.
A quick reboot or two will fix it.

The additions to your startup for the arcnet stuff likely changed the
timing.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu