[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A3000, PAL

koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) (12/25/90)

Well, I am planning on dumping my 2500/30 and going to a 3000.  I have a
question.

I have a PAL jumpered 2500, and it comes up in PAL and all the programs I run
come up in PAL.  Under 2.0, if I have the machine jumpered for NTSC, and I
have Prefs set to PAL, any programs I run come up in NTSC.  When you switch
between screens, it is annoying, not to mention 56lines shorter than I an used
to in Non-interlace.  I want to keep this extra resolution.

What happens on the 3000?  Do all the apps open to NTSC dimensions if I have
prefs set to PAL?  And if so, can I jumper the 3000 to be PAL?

Thank you.
Koleman

Kurt "Koleman" Koller
UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!koleman
INET: koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (01/03/91)

In article <3698@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) writes:
>Well, I am planning on dumping my 2500/30 and going to a 3000.  I have a
>question.
>
>I have a PAL jumpered 2500, and it comes up in PAL and all the programs I run
>come up in PAL.  Under 2.0, if I have the machine jumpered for NTSC, and I
>have Prefs set to PAL, any programs I run come up in NTSC.  When you switch
>between screens, it is annoying, not to mention 56lines shorter than I an used
>to in Non-interlace.  I want to keep this extra resolution.
>
>What happens on the 3000?  Do all the apps open to NTSC dimensions if I have
>prefs set to PAL?  And if so, can I jumper the 3000 to be PAL?

The state of the jumper is the only thing that determines whether your
machine is NTSC or PAL.  Programs that don't use special 2.0 means to
control their mode will open up in NTSC or PAL, depending on the jumper.
The Workbench's mode can be set independently of the jumper setting,
but this only affects the Workbench's mode.  If you jumper your machine
to NTSC, you have an NTSC machine, until you change the jumper.  Preferences
will not alter this.

>Kurt "Koleman" Koller

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com