[comp.sys.amiga.tech] SAS/C lmk program

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (12/28/90)

I have a target in a makefile like this:

clean:
	delete #?.o tecoc

How do I escape the '#' character, so lmk does not eat the rest of the
line as a comment? The manual says that the ~ character is the escape
character, but

clean:
	delete ~#?.o tecoc

does not work either. I hate to have to put a dependency on ARP delete,
i.e.,

clean:
	delete *.o tecoc

in my makefile, since it is for public consumption. No, I can't do a
delete $(OFILES) or anything like that; there are 123 object modules;
they overflow an Amiga command line. Any ideas?

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |

In <ben.4040@epmooch.UUCP>, ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
>I have a target in a makefile like this:
>
>clean:
>	delete #?.o tecoc
>
>How do I escape the '#' character, so lmk does not eat the rest of the
>line as a comment? The manual says that the ~ character is the escape
>character, but
>
>clean:
>	delete ~#?.o tecoc
>
>does not work either. I hate to have to put a dependency on ARP delete,
>i.e.,
>
>clean:
>	delete *.o tecoc
>
>in my makefile, since it is for public consumption. No, I can't do a
>delete $(OFILES) or anything like that; there are 123 object modules;
>they overflow an Amiga command line. Any ideas?

Try:    delete \#?.o

Works for me (just tried it. I don't normally use lmk)

-larry

--
The best way to accelerate an MsDos machine is at 32 ft/sec/sec.

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (12/31/90)

In article <ben.4040@epmooch.UUCP> ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
>I have a target in a makefile like this:
>
>clean:
>	delete #?.o tecoc
>
>How do I escape the '#' character, so lmk does not eat the rest of the
>line as a comment? The manual says that the ~ character is the escape
>character, but

Here's my clean line

clean:
        @delete (\#?.o|\#?.ld)

			andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"And Amiga has not forgot the retailer."

tll@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Tal Lewis Lancaster) (01/03/91)

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:

>I have a target in a makefile like this:

>clean:
>	delete #?.o tecoc

>How do I escape the '#' character, so lmk does not eat the rest of the
>line as a comment?

> No, I can't do a
>delete $(OFILES) or anything like that; there are 123 object modules;
>they overflow an Amiga command line. Any ideas?

Have you considered executing a script to to the removing?  Not very
elegant, but it works.

Tal.

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (01/04/91)

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:

>I have a target in a makefile like this:

>clean:
>	delete #?.o tecoc

Use the backslash to escape the '#' character.  Try:

	delete \#?.o tecoc

   Peter