[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Converting

rloon@praxis.cs.ruu.nl (Ronald van Loon) (12/18/90)

Dear people,

I need a converter program (either for Amiga (500) or PC) that
will convert IFF-pictures to .BMP files for Windows 3.0.

I guess conversion from IFF to .PCX or GIF will do as well,
as Paintbrush 3.0 is able to convert from those to .BMP.

Any pointers on this highly appreciated, as this will save me
a lot of work in a software-project in which I am involved at
the moment.

Please respond ASAP, and have a Merry Christmas and an even
better New Year (even if you don't respond ;-) ).

--
Ronald van Loon (rloon@praxis.cs.ruu.nl)

There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do -
once you find them - Jimmy Croce "Time in a bottle"

Sylvain@Speedy.CAM.ORG (Sylvain Tremblay) (01/03/91)

>In article <4536@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl> rloon@praxis.cs.ruu.nl (Ronald van Loon) writes:
>Dear people,
>
>I need a converter program (either for Amiga (500) or PC) that
>will convert IFF-pictures to .BMP files for Windows 3.0.
>
>I guess conversion from IFF to .PCX or GIF will do as well,
>as Paintbrush 3.0 is able to convert from those to .BMP.

You can convert Amiga IFF to GIF format with HAMSHARP or SHAMSHARP.  These
two nice programs can be found on any major FTP site that support the Amiga
such as abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov or in the Fred Fish collection.

--
Sylvain
                                                                   __

drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Donald Richard Tillery Jr) (01/05/91)

In a message From: Sylvain@Speedy.CAM.ORG (Sylvain Tremblay)

>>In article <4536@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl> rloon@praxis.cs.ruu.nl (Ronald van Loon) writes:
>>Dear people,
>>
>>I need a converter program (either for Amiga (500) or PC) that
>>will convert IFF-pictures to .BMP files for Windows 3.0.
>>
>>I guess conversion from IFF to .PCX or GIF will do as well,
>>as Paintbrush 3.0 is able to convert from those to .BMP.
>
>You can convert Amiga IFF to GIF format with HAMSHARP or SHAMSHARP.  These
>two nice programs can be found on any major FTP site that support the Amiga
>such as abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov or in the Fred Fish collection.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry, you got that backwards.  HAM/SHAMSHARP
convert GIFs _TO_ Amiga IFF.  For going the other way you could use AmGIF,
PBMPlus, or Art Department Professional if you want to go the commercial route.

You might check the newest sources of PBMPlus to see if a PBM-BMP converter
is available yet.  With this you could take the Amiga IFF straight to BMP
without going through the GIF funnel and losing some colors.

Rick Tillery (drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu)