[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Need help w/ SCROLLING

greendog@max.physics.sunysb.edu (Michael D Fischer) (01/05/91)

Help!  I'm trying to write a program that scrolls a text message
across the bottom of a 4 bitplane hires-interlaced screen, and what
I have been able to do is MUCH too slow!  I am using ScrollRaster()
of the graphics.library...  I rewrote the C program in assembly to
see if it would increase the speed much, and it didn't at all (I was
still calling ScrollRaster() from the asm program).

So, is there a faster way of scrolling a 30-pixel high horizontal
strip of the screen?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, even
just pointers to where I can get example source code...

Thanks in advance...

Michael

-        Michael D. Fischer       |   greendog@max.physics.sunysb.edu   -
-      S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook    |   mfische@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu     -

forgeas@swinjm.UUCP (Jean-Michel Forgeas) (01/06/91)

In article <1991Jan5.063714.25262@max.physics.sunysb.edu>, Michael D Fischer writes:

> Help!  I'm trying to write a program that scrolls a text message
> across the bottom of a 4 bitplane hires-interlaced screen, and what
> I have been able to do is MUCH too slow!  I am using ScrollRaster()

ScrollRaster() cares about RastPorts and layers, and if you don't
have windows on your screen you can use BltBitMap() directly.
--
                                     \___/
Jean-Michel Forgeas                   \-/