[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Moving from a 1000

In article <5371@oasys.dt.navy.mil> walbroeh@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Kathleen Moore) writes:
>We are considering moving from the 1000 to a 500 or 2000.
>
>Question : can he take his hard disc SCSI controller and memory
>expansion, turn it upside down, plug it into a 500 and have it work?

	Not upside down!  just backwards.  Note: this is not an offical
posting, disclaim, etc, etc.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

doctorj@ei.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey W Davis) (01/16/91)

In article <5371@oasys.dt.navy.mil> walbroeh@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Kathleen Moore) writes:
>My husband's 1000 recently began showing its age.  The 1080 monitor
>died and now the he has to trun his 1000 on twice before it will
>boot.
>
>We are considering moving from the 1000 to a 500 or 2000.
>
>Question : can he take his hard disc SCSI controller and memory
>expansion, turn it upside down, plug it into a 500 and have it work?
                    ^^^^^^
The expansion connector on a 500 is flipped Front to Back from the A1000
expansion connector.

WARNING : DO NOT PLUG AN A1000 PERIPHERAL ONTO AN A500 UPSIDE DOWN.

A peripheral for the A1000 "may" be usable on the A500 if it is plugged on
correct side up.  The Front of an A1000 peripheral will be facing the Back
when connected to an A500.

* Jeff Davis                * Relax! And get into    ///  *
* doctorj@ei.ecn.purdue.edu * the STRESS!!!         ///   *
*        @en.ecn.purdue.edu *                   \\\///030 *
*                           * -Gigahertz!-  Amiga\XX/ 882 *
          Reprinted with permission from GOD.

amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu (01/16/91)

From: fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu

(I'm a sucker for anyone named Kathleen...)

You can probably turn a 1000 peripheral around and successfully plug it
into a 500, but you'll need to hang it over the edge of the table or else
raise the 500...
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet