[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Running CLI from DF1:

nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) (01/25/91)

Hello,
   I have a problem. Whenever I boot a disk without a CLI file
or Icon, I could not run the CLI when I have a disk with a CLI
file in DF1:.
   When I double-click the CLI icon on DF1:, the Cli box
appears for a couple of seconds and then it disappears.
I have to reboot with the disk with CLI in order to run it.
Is there a way I can avoid doing this?
Thanks.
--
kjfyrwhgbvcxxbmiltioyrazsgwqashhfdhyjhmnmygikuykjiyttqsgffhipkkur
hgthtywqegzbvxmmjkjltiourwagagfgzrqtrtwythgshgiuitpukjhfrewqvcxzh

In article <1991Jan25.035427.15004@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) writes:

>Hello,
>   I have a problem. Whenever I boot a disk without a CLI file
>or Icon, I could not run the CLI when I have a disk with a CLI
>file in DF1:.
>   When I double-click the CLI icon on DF1:, the Cli box
>appears for a couple of seconds and then it disappears.
>I have to reboot with the disk with CLI in order to run it.
>Is there a way I can avoid doing this?

	It's looking for either: sys:system/CLI, or C:Run (or maybe both).

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

In article <1991Jan25.035427.15004@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) writes:

>   I have a problem. Whenever I boot a disk without a CLI file
>or Icon, I could not run the CLI when I have a disk with a CLI
>file in DF1:.
>   When I double-click the CLI icon on DF1:, the Cli box
>appears for a couple of seconds and then it disappears.

You need more than just the CLI file to run a CLI. Try to provide
also the programs "execute" and "run" in the C: directory.

vampire@aragon.gtc.de (Kai Kapp) (02/08/91)

nnn@po.CWRU.Edu (Nik N. Nik Mahdi) writes:

>Hello,
>   I have a problem. Whenever I boot a disk without a CLI file
>or Icon, I could not run the CLI when I have a disk with a CLI
>file in DF1:.

There is another way of doing this.
If you boot with another disk as your workdisk you have to assign the pathes
in the right way.
If you click the shell and get your info from the workbench it says :
Default-Tool : SYS:SYTEM/CLI
ok, now there is in df1: the workbench disk and in df0: another one, from
which you have booted. SYS: is always the disk from which you booted.
So the Shell (or CLI-icon) looks for DF0:system/cli !!!
                                     ===

Just put in the startup-sequence of df0: the following (or just type it each
time you booted.)
assign sys:c df1:c
assign sys:fonts df1:fonts
assign sys:l df1:l
assign sys:devs df1:devs
assign sys:libs df1:libs
assign sys:system (if there is at all) df1:system
assign sys:prefs df1:prefs
just assign all the Dirs ...
assign sys: df1:

This should work ... if you still have questions ... write me

|This is REALLY written by | /		| /				       |
|			   |\  a  i	|\  a  p  p	From STUTTGART 	       |