[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Intuition bug

GHGAQZ4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (03/14/91)

Hi,

This is a very well known and popular bug in intuition. But it is
solved in AmigaDOS 2.0.

        Jorrit Tyberghein

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/19/91)

In article <225@tymix.Tymnet.COM>, jdresser@altair.uucp (Jay Dresser) writes:
> All you do is this:
>
> Place the mouse over the dragbar of any window (I've only tried this
> with WorkBench, but I assume it would work with other screens).  Click
> and hold the left mouse button down.  While holding the mouse button
> down, press left-Amiga-N or -M.  Nothing appears to change, but you can
> now drag the window off the screen.  Moving left and right you will see
> the edge that went off the screen wrap around to the other side.  In
> most cases you can drag it back onto the screen and release the mouse
> button without harm.  If you drag off the top or bottom, you will trash
> the memory lists and crash the machine immediately.

Wow, neat! I've used my amiga extensively for four years and didn't bump into
that one... what made you think of using the screen-flip keys while holding
down the drag button? Have you tried any other really wierd stuff? (I remember
there is a 6 or 7 key combination that you press at the same time as popping a
disk out and *PRESTO*! You get a list of the designers that pops up on your
menu bar. I hope to God that someone didn't figure this out by hand :-)) Happy
bug hunting...
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy@WESLEYAN.BITNET