[comp.sys.amiga.tech] When will we see 2.0?

Randy.Smith@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Randy Smith) (05/10/91)

AREA:UUCP_TECH
This is both a hardware and software question, so I guess it belongs
here more than anywhere else.

When will we ever get to see 2.0 on the A2000?  I've listened to all the
talk about the 3000 and the 3000 tower and CDTV and AmigaVision, etc,
etc, ....  How about 2.0 for those of us with 2000's and 500's.  I'm
starting to feel like we've been forgotten in the rush to get new
products out.  What the current prediction?

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Randy Smith - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!210!Randy.Smith
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: Randy.Smith@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG

Edward_Braswell@a68k.UUCP (Edward Braswell) (06/07/91)

RS> starting to feel like we've been forgotten...

 Ah, can it be that A500 / A2000 owners are starting to feel the same way
A1000 owners have been feeling for a few years now?
 Isn't this a similar event as when Commodore wrote off the A1000 users (and
told them to buy A2000's?)?

 True, it is illegal to get ahold of a copy of the Kickstart 2.0 data (512K)
and burn a jumbo Eprom or two and hack them into the older Amiga's, but the
odds of getting caught are rather low.  Besides, there is the reasonable
doubt of "if they HAD made it available for me to buy, I would have... since
they didn't, I had to copy it."

 As soon as Commodore realizes that it's loosing money, they'll release it.
Possibly BEFORE the A4000 comes out.

drbit@phobos.UUCP (Jorgen Kjaersgaard) (06/10/91)

In article <Edward_Braswell.3268@a68k.UUCP> Edward_Braswell@a68k.UUCP
(Edward Braswell) writes:
>RS> starting to feel like we've been forgotten...
>
>Ah, can it be that A500 / A2000 owners are starting to feel the same way
>A1000 owners have been feeling for a few years now?
>Isn't this a similar event as when Commodore wrote off the A1000 users (and
>told them to buy A2000's?)?
>[..]

 Don't worry about whether C= will release KickStart 2.0 for the A500 and
A2000. Even though 2.0 has been available for the A3000 for a long time
it is *not* finished yet. As soon as they get all bugs fixed and have solved
the major compatability problems it WILL get into ROM and it WILL be released
for A500 and A2000. Both Commodore and common sense says so. Do you really
think Commodore will drop about 2 million Amiga owners? No way. 2.0 has
even been showed on by Commodore on an expo here in Denmark running on an
A500 - soon it will be in every new A500 and A2000!

--
 Jorgen Kjaersgaard UUCP:    uunet!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmdeo!phobos!drbit
  _   (Dr.Bit)      USENET:  cbmvax.commodore.com!cbmehq!cbmdeo!phobos!drbit