Date: Fri, 10 May 91 10:50:03 +0100
From: rac1@ukc.ac.uk
Subject: Sony Videodisc Recorder

We have recently purchased a Sony LVR - 6000 Videodisc recorder and
need to interface it to the serial port of a Sun 3/470 running SunOs
version 4.1.  Can anyone provide software and / or ideas for doing
this?

Many Thanks.

Richard Clement
RARDE(EC2), Fort Halstead, Sevenoaks, Kent. TN14 7BP
Phone: 0959-32222 ext: 2964

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 May 91 13:38:47 PDT
From: skrzypek@CS.UCLA.EDU (Dr. Josef Skrzypek)
Subject: VISION-LIST digest 10.21

I am looking for information about UNIX-based, public domain Image Databases.
Thanks in advance.

Please respond to

Josef Skrzypek
Department of Computer Science, 3532 BH, UCLA, Los Angeles CA 90024-1596
Email: skrzypek@cs.ucla.edu
Tel: (213) 825 2381
Fax: (213) UCLA CSD

[ This is a great question.  Please post answers to the List.
			phil...			]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 May 91 23:43:24 EDT
From: raja@cps.msu.edu (Narayan S. Raja)
Subject: Looking for CAD package

We are currently using a CAD package called SDRC IDEAS, but before
renewing our license we would like to investigate different CAD
systems that other vision researchers may be using.  The package
should run on Sun sparcstations, and will be used for object modelling
and research in CAD-based computer vision.

We would be very grateful for any
suggestions/recommendations/evaluations of other CAD packages useful
to computer vision researchers.

Thank you in advance,
Narayan S. Raja

Pattern Recognition & Image Proc. Laboratory,
Computer Science Department, Michigan State University.

------------------------------

Date: 10 May 91 14:20:23 GMT
From: ajb@iti.org (Al Boehnlein)
Subject: edge location problem

I am looking for a technique that will find an edge with sub-pixel
accuracy.  The edge is a special type, in that it is generated with
semi-coherent light.  This produces a repeatable 'ringing' that I
think would be useful in sub-pixel interpolation.  I hope that the
edge can be located to better that 1/10 of a pixel due to the richness
of the structure.  I think I would be better off using a correlation
technique than a traditional edge filter.  I have drawn a rough sketch
of what the edge looks like.  Any suggestions are welcome.

    |                    **
    |                   *  *      **    *
    |                  *    *    *  *  * ************
    |                  *     *  *    **
I   |                 *       **
n   |                 *
t   |                *
e   |                *
n   |               *
s   |              *
i   |             *
t   |           **
y   |         **
    |      ***
    |******

    |------------------------------------------------------

                        X position

Thanks
Al Boehnlein, ajb@iti.org
Industrial Technology Institute,
P.O. Box 1485, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, (313) 769-4112

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 May 91 11:05:23 +0100
From: Andrew Thomas <eethomas@pyramid.swansea.ac.uk>
Subject: Pattern Recognition Letters

Hello,
      I want to submit a paper to Pattern Recognition Letters. Unfortunately,
my university doesn't take this journal. I don't want to put anybody out, but
if anyone has information close at hand as to how and where I submit it I
would be extremely grateful. Please e-mail me on: eethomas@pyr.swan.ac.uk.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Thomas.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 May 91 10:20:56 PDT
From: amini@tcville.hac.com (Afshin Amini)
Subject: Wavelet Theory

Dear Fellow Computer Visionists :

I would like to know the most recent papers in the area of Wavelet
Theory and applications to Image Processing.  I have heard that there
is a new paper By S. G Mallat in the area of Edge Detection by Wavelet
decomposition and a paper by Michel Barlaud of Univ of Nice in Image
Enhancement...  If you know of these papers and where they are
published, please post.

thanks,
Afshin Amini

------------------------------

Date: 12 May 91 03:48:24 GMT
From: George Paschos <gpaschos@ecst.csuchico.edu>
Subject: parameter nets

Hi:

Just recently, I read the paper:

"Parameter Nets", D.H.Ballard, Artificial Intelligence 22 (1984),

and I'm looking for any relevant work being done after that in the same
paradigm.The only thing I've been able to find is a chapter in "Advances in
Conputer Vision",C.Brown(Ed.),1988.

I would appreciate any references.
Please send by e-mail to the above address .

Thanks,
George.

End of VISION-LIST digest 10.22