[uw.unix] Unix Windows

jparker@watvlsi.waterloo.edu (James Parker) (09/21/88)

According to the man page for uw, the arc-encoded program and
documentation for the ST  version of Unix Windows is kept on
watmath in

/usr/source/public/commands/uw/st/*

I had a look using 'jqperuse' and found it, but my question is
how do I copy it onto my account so that I can download it to my
ST...I don't have a watmath account.

Also, I noticed that the date on the man page was 1986, which makes
me wonder if this is a recent version of uw.  I have tried several
times to get uw from fileservers but haven't got any reply...so if
someone has a newer version, could they let me know.

Suggestions anyone -- James

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (09/21/88)

In article <4032@watvlsi.waterloo.edu> jparker@watvlsi.waterloo.edu (James Parker) writes:
> According to the man page for uw, the arc-encoded program and
> documentation for the ST  version of Unix Windows is kept on
> watmath in
>
>	/usr/source/public/commands/uw/st/*
>
> [...]   my question is how do I copy it onto my account ...
> ...I don't have a watmath account.

Try the "rcp"  (Remote CoPy)  command.

From your home machine, give these commands:

	rcp watmath.jqpublic:/usr/source/public/commands/uw/st/ReadMe .
	rcp watmath.jqpublic:/usr/source/public/commands/uw/st/uw.arc .

Lee Dickey

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@WATDCS.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET

egisin@watmath.waterloo.edu (Eric Gisin) (09/21/88)

Here's how you can use ftp to copy source from watmath.
Ftp is more convenient that rcp is some cases.
You can use the "cd" and "ls" commands to browse.

$ ftp watmath
Name: anonymous
Password: anonymous
ftp> binary				- required for binary files
ftp> cd /usr/source/public/commands/uw/st
ftp> ls
ReadMe
uw.arc
ftp> get ReadMe			- copies ReadMe to your current directory
ftp> get uw.arc
ftp> ^D