[comp.theory.dynamic-sys] Lyapunov exponents

rvk7181@sigma.tamu.edu (KESARAJU, RAJASHEKHER VENKATA) (04/29/91)

Is there any other code (not Wolf's method) to find Lyapunov exponents from
a chaotic time series? I would like to have one. Any help would be
appreciated.

Rajashekher Kesaraju
rvk7181@sigma.tamu.edu

bstewart@bnlux1.bnl.gov (Bruce Stewart) (04/30/91)

In article <15483@helios.TAMU.EDU> rvk7181@sigma.tamu.edu writes:
>Is there any other code (not Wolf's method) to find Lyapunov exponents from
>a chaotic time series? I would like to have one. Any help would be
>appreciated.
>
>Rajashekher Kesaraju
>rvk7181@sigma.tamu.edu

Here are some recent references:

K. Briggs, "An improved method for estimating Liapunov exponents of
chaotic time series," Phys. Lett. A 151 (1990) p. 27

S. Ellner et al., "Convergence rates and data requirements for
Jacobian-based estimates of Lyanpunov exponents from data,"
Phys. Lett. A 153 (1991) p.357

H.D.I. Abarbanel, R. Brown, and J.B. Kadtke, Phys. Lett. A 138 (1989),
p. 401 and Phys. Rev. A 41 (1990),  p.1782.

I also have a preprint "Lyapunov exponents from observed time series"
dated May 30, 1990 by P. Bryant, R. Brown, and H.D.I. Abarbanel
which should appear (in Phys. Lett.?) soon.