[comp.sys.handhelds] The HP-28 Pocket Book

alonzo@microsoft.UUCP (Alonzo Gariepy) (12/07/89)

I recently ran across a useful booklet called "The HP-28 Pocket Book".
I should say in advance that I have no connection with the author or
publisher.  The format is about 6" by 3.5".  I have reproduced the back
cover below.  There are a total of 40 pages.

Alonzo Gariepy
alonzo@microsoft

  		THE HP-28 POCKET BOOK

   Plot and Solve Example   2  |   Object Types           10
   Differentiation Example  3  |   Operator Precedence    10
   Integration Examples     4  |   Printer Control        11
   Unit Examples            5  |   Column Graphics        11
   Unit Prefixes            6  |   PPAR and SigmaPPAR     12
   Reserved Names           6  |   SigmaDAT Statistics    13
   Truth Table              7  |   Character Codes        14
   Key Strings              7  |   Errors by Number       16
   System Operations        8  |   Errors by Message      18
   Interactive Plot Mode    8  |   Flags                  20
   SYSEVAL Entries          9  |   Memory Usage           22
   HP-28S Menus             9  |   Command Reference      23
_______________________________| ______________________________

  To order additional copies, send $6.95 each plus $1 shipping and
  handling in U.S. funds (checks payable through U.S. bank) to:

  James Donnelly, 3135 N.W. Ashwood Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330 USA

cbbrowne@lion.waterloo.edu (Christopher Browne) (12/08/89)

In article <9348@microsoft.UUCP> alonzo@microsoft.UUCP (Alonzo Gariepy) writes:
>I recently ran across a useful booklet called "The HP-28 Pocket Book".
>
>  To order additional copies, send $6.95 each plus $1 shipping and
>  handling in U.S. funds (checks payable through U.S. bank) to:
>  James Donnelly, 3135 N.W. Ashwood Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330 USA

Please note that it is also available from Hewlett Packard.  It's
known as HP Part No. 92222G.  It's a really handy book to have around.
It's just smaller than the calculator, so it fits in the case
perfectly.  And it provides decent (if brief) examples of some of the
common & rough features you'd want to use.  (E.G. - Plotting &
Solving to find the roots of an equation, Differentiation & Minimum
Finding, both Symbolic & Numerical Integration).  It gives enough to
work with, but not enought that the book weighs 72 Kg (:-)).

I'm having severe line noise problems, so I'll sign off here.

Excellent book.

Christopher Browne
cbbrowne@watlion
University of Waterloo
ACM Scholastic Programming Contest: Internationals in 1991!!!