[comp.sys.handhelds] Z88 questions re: possible Z88 Lisp and Logo and Z88 in airports

sandro@nlm-mcs.arpa (Michael D'Alessandro) (12/22/89)

I'd like to know if there are implementations of Lisp or Logo for the Z88.
I'd even be interested to know if there are BBC Basic implementations of
either  of these languages.

I'd also like to know what kind of experiences people have had using the
machine in airports and on airplanes after running it through the various
x-ray machines and metal detectors. Has anyone had any problems with their
Z88 after exposing it to such devices?

Michael

--
Michael D'Alessandro M.D.
The National Library of Medicine

malis@bbn.com (Andy Malis) (12/22/89)

In article <10898@nlm-mcs.arpa> sandro@nlm-mcs.arpa (Michael D'Alessandro) writes:
>I'd also like to know what kind of experiences people have had using the
>machine in airports and on airplanes after running it through the various
>x-ray machines and metal detectors. Has anyone had any problems with their
>Z88 after exposing it to such devices?

I've always had my Z88 hand-inspected rather than run it through
the X-ray machine.  It's nice that turning it on is so easy.

Andy Malis <malis@bbn.com>    UUCP: {harvard,rutgers,uunet}!bbn!malis

eichin@athena.mit.edu (Mark W. Eichin) (12/23/89)

>anybody had problems with z88 in airports
I've had no problems with the Z88 itself (base unit + 128k card)
though I carry lots of electronic gear (ham equipment, battery packs,
etc.) so my luggage usually gets "personal attention" :-) I've also
used it on board several USAIR flights with no complaints...
					_Mark_
					<eichin@athena.mit.edu>
ps. it wouldn't be too hard to implement FORTH on the z88, except for
the high risk of hard resets... has anyone tried it?