[comp.sys.handhelds] Psion Organiser Information

astieber@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Anthony J Stieber) (01/03/90)

From: Mark Simms <mark%athos.bri.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Psion Organizer information request
Newsgroups: comp.sys.misc,comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.laptops

Accessories available include 16k, 32k, 64k and 128k EPROM Datapacks,
32k RAM pack, Datapak formatter, mains adapter (UK and US), RS-232
Comms Link, an Epson printer adapter for the Comms Link, bar code
reader and magnetic card reader.  Note that the 128k Datapak and the
RAM pack cannot be used with the CM.

Software includes a spreadsheet, financial pack, maths pack and spelling
checker.  In addition there is software to permit the development of
programs on an IBM compatible PC.

Comparing prices,
there seems to be about a 50% mark up on crossing the Atlantic.  This
is comparable to US products coming this way, but you might be better
off trying to deal with Psion directly.

From: Stephen Rickaby <praxis!sfr@relay.EU.net>

There are two ranges

	Organiser II Model CM	[8K], 2-line display
			   XP	32k memory		"
			   LZ	32k memory, 4-line display, upgraded firmware
			   LZ64 64k memory,       "              "

and the `Mobiles', looking like a conventional lapheld but lighter and nicer

	M200	small screen, OPL language programming, nice firmware
	M400	large screnn         "                      "
	M600	straight MS-DOS compatible in the same format

From: cmcl2!dasys1!wfp@rutgers.edu (William Phillips)

Psion Inc.
118 Echo Lake Road
Watertown, CT 06795
203-274-7521 (voice)
203-274-7976 (FAX)

From: Ravi Subrahmanyan <ravi@mcnc.org>

	Psion's US office may be contacted toll-free at
	800-548-4535

From: Nils Andersson <nisse@cd.chalmers.se>

I just remembered, there is a company in California that sells the
Organizer and accessories:

EduCALC Mail Store
27953 Cabot Road
Laguna Niguel
CA 92677
phone: (714) 582 - 2637

Two addtional Psion dealers are:
CODE  708-459-6770
Boffin 800-255-4012

I would like to thank all those people who sent information, all
of it was valuble.  I now have enough information that I'll probably
get the 32K XP model of the Psion Organiser and a DataPak.
--
<-:(= Tony Stieber	astieber@csd4.csd.uwm.edu   att!uwm!uwmcsd4!astieber