[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48SX availability

Jake-S@cup.portal.com (Jake G Schwartz) (03/07/90)

As for availability - try the "big two": EduCalc (800-677-7001)
and ElekTek (800-621-1269).
At least one of them ought to have machines either now or soon.
Jake Schwartz

madler@tybalt.caltech.edu (Mark Adler) (03/10/90)

I tried Elek-Tek first, since they always have the lower prices.  However,
they will not have the 48sx in stock until "the end of the month".  When
they do have it in stock, it will be $249, as opposed to EduCalc's $274.50.
Even so, I ordered one from EduCalc, being the impatient sort of fellow I
am.  EduCalc said they had about 300 of them in stock when I called Tuesday.

Mark Adler
madler@hamlet.caltech.edu

ln63wkp@sdcc4.ucsd.edu (Viet Ho) (03/12/90)

In article <1990Mar9.175209.1114@spectre.ccsf.caltech.edu> madler@tybalt.caltech.edu (Mark Adler) writes:

>I tried Elek-Tek first, since they always have the lower prices.  However,
>they will not have the 48sx in stock until "the end of the month".  When
>they do have it in stock, it will be $249, as opposed to EduCalc's $274.50.
>Even so, I ordered one from EduCalc, being the impatient sort of fellow I
>am.  EduCalc said they had about 300 of them in stock when I called Tuesday.

Wow prices must be fluctuating.  My school's bookstore (well known
for inflated prices) seems to have a fairly good deal on the HP:
$267 and in stock!    What a change.  Hey will HP have some kind of
an educational discount deal for us poor students?  C'mon HP, if
Commodore can throw ed discounts on their Amiga's why can't you?>??

                                -Viet
                                 Ex HP42s owner.

BTW:  My HP42s got lost in the mail and was auctioned off somewhere
      in San Francisco.  ANybody might have picked it up?  It has
      some important phone ##'s in it:-(