[comp.sys.handhelds] HP28S to HP48SX

bill@mousetrap.canton.mi.us (William S. Johnston) (03/09/90)

I need to transfer some of my programs from my 28S to my 48sx.  Does anyone
have a program that will do such a task.  If so I'm sure there are several of
us that wish to move everything over.  Especially those selling their 28's.

--
bill@mousetrap.canton.mi.us   | Bill Johnston
n8hqg@wa8ooh.mi.us.na (radio) | 7458 Kingsbridge

malloy@nprdc.arpa (Sean Malloy) (03/10/90)

In article <1990Mar9.013603.112@mousetrap.canton.mi.us> bill@mousetrap.canton.mi.us (William S. Johnston) writes:
>I need to transfer some of my programs from my 28S to my 48sx.  Does anyone
>have a program that will do such a task.  If so I'm sure there are several of
>us that wish to move everything over.  Especially those selling their 28's.

According to the guy I talked to at EduCalc when I bought my 48, the
Serial Interface Kits contain a text file that is a program that will
let you run the 48 as a receiver for the 28, which will let you
transfer all your 28 code.

                                              |Applications programming is a
 Sean Malloy                                  |race between software engineers,
 Navy Personnel Research & Development Center |who strive to produce idiot-proof
 San Diego, CA 92152-6800                     |programs, and the Universe, which
 malloy@nprdc.navy.mil                        |strives to produce bigger idiots.

prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) (03/13/90)

>According to the guy I talked to at EduCalc when I bought my 48, the
>Serial Interface Kits contain a text file that is a program that will
>let you run the 48 as a receiver for the 28, which will let you
>transfer all your 28 code.

The PC-link disk includes a 48S program which can read the printer
output of the 28S.  To transfer a program from your 28S you "print" it
to your 48S.  The 28S program is made into a string on the 48S which
can then be edited to fix anything if needed.  This type of transfer
has very little error checking and you should check your program
carefully.  Also, any SYSEVAL commands must also be modified.

Preston

prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) (03/13/90)

>The PC-link disk includes a 48S program which can read the printer
>output of the 28S.

This program will also be posted on the HP bulletin board this week.

Preston

squires@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Matt Squires) (03/13/90)

In article <21580015@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM> prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) writes:
>[concerning physically getting HP28S programs to a HP48SX]...
>Also, any SYSEVAL commands must also be modified.
>
>Preston

That isn't the only thing that needs changing.  Other things that need
changing are:

 o  handling of the custom menu (the UCML program in 411 needed to be
	completely rewritten)

 o  blocking keyboard input can now be performed with 0 WAIT

 o  keyboard input (via KEY or WAIT) is now given in terms of keyboard
	location, rather than strings.

Has anybody else noticed other problems porting 28S code to the 48SX?

Matt Squires
squires@eecs.nwu.edu

ds@dodger.ATT.COM (Doug Sturim,1A-138,2105,TRW) (03/13/90)

In article <21580019@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM> prestonb@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Preston Brown) writes:
>>The PC-link disk includes a 48S program which can read the printer
>>output of the 28S.
>
>This program will also be posted on the HP bulletin board this week.
>
>Preston

Could someone post this as soon as possible because I have sold my 28
and need to get files off of it.  My PC link will not be available until
the end of the month (according to educalc).  Or is their anyway to go
from the 28 to the 48 without typing 20k of programs.

Doug Sturim

Doug Sturim
TRW New London, CT
att!chinet!mcdchg!clyde!ds

ds@dodger.ATT.COM (Doug Sturim,1A-138,2105,TRW) (03/14/90)

I need to transfer programs from the 28 to the 48. The 48 program
I need is "inprt".  Educalc said it was public domain.  Could someone
please post it.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Doug Sturim