Space Physics, Imperial College, London
From: umapd51@suna.cc.ic.ac.uk (W.A.C. Miev-Jedrzejowicz)

alonzo@microsoft.UUCP (Alonzo GARIEPY) (03/14/90)

In article <1990Mar3.023044.7544@cc.ic.ac.uk> umapd51@cc.ic.ac.uk (Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz) writes:
> As I called the original "Ianization", how about "Ricketization" for
> these? There are serious uses for this technique. Stuff for another
> book?

I never really understood the need for Ianization.  I never used it.
Now, with the HP 48 and custom menus, the need is completely gone.
Rick Grevelle has done some impressive work, which I think he will
post as an addendum to Toonen's SYSEVAL map.  His biggest achievement
is a plot program for graphs larger than the screen.  I think the 48
pretty much obsoletes that work, but if anyone is interested, you
can contact Rick about his HP 28 plot package at

Rick Grevelle <sigma.tamu.edu!ftg0673>

Alonzo Gariepy
alonzo@microsoft