[comp.sys.handhelds] Sharp Wizard computer

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (03/13/90)

Does anybody have any experiences to relate about the Wizard handheld computer
from Sharp?  I'm looking to buy one and the best price I've found so far
is $230US at Sears. Anyone know of a better price, maybe mail order?
Anybody know where to get the expansion cards?

Now the hard part:  Does anybody know the serial port specs and/or
where to get them for the Sharp Wizard?  I have an Amiga, so IBM
programs or Mac programs without technical docs won't help much.
(If you followup about Amiga stuff, fix the followup line plz.)

Email to new@udel.edu and I will summarize.  Thanks for any info! -- Darren

mec@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (michael.e.connick) (03/14/90)

In article <13700@nigel.udel.EDU> new@udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
> Does anybody have any experiences to relate about the Wizard handheld
> computer from Sharp?

For $100 more, you can get an Atari Portfolio from a mail order
outfit. Better keyboard, more functions, and MS-DOS compatibility. Have
you considered that as an alternative?

I looked long and hard at both the Wizard and BOSS before choosing the
Portfolio. In my opinion the Portfolio is light-years ahead of either
in functionality and usefullness. The only downside to it is that it
won't fit in a shirt pocket. It will fit in a jacket pocket, though.

Michael Connick    mec@mtfmi.ATT.COM    201-957-3057
AT&T Bell Labs     MT 3F-113	        (Dept. 79151)