[comp.sys.handhelds] enough hp48sx

GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) (03/13/90)

The new Hp seems to be a wonderful machine. The trouble is that I don't
have that much money to invest and I like my hp-28s. Can we have some
more posts of programs and ideas for it too..

Thanx
JErry B
+-----------------------+-------------------------+-------------------+
| "Its not what is on the inside, it is what is   | Gerald Broughton  |
|  on the surface that counts" - The Simpsons     |GRB100@PSUVM.BITNET|
+-----------------------+-------------------------+-------------------+

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (03/13/90)

In article <90071.193310GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu> GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) writes:
>The new Hp seems to be a wonderful machine. The trouble is that I don't
>have that much money to invest and I like my hp-28s. Can we have some
>more posts of programs and ideas for it too..

The good news is that once the hardware of the HP-48SX is known well and
we all get back to writing software, much of the HP-48SX programs will
run on an HP-28, since they share a common language.  In fact, all of
the HP-28 programs posted will run on a 48 (well, most.)

Dan Allen

delavier@uni2a.unige.ch (03/14/90)

In article <90071.193310GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu>, GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) writes:
> The new Hp seems to be a wonderful machine. The trouble is that I don't
> have that much money to invest and I like my hp-28s. Can we have some
> more posts of programs and ideas for it too..

Well Jerry be my guest : send 'em in!

d88-sak@nada.kth.se (Sebastian ]kerman) (03/14/90)

In article <90071.193310GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu> GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) writes:
>The new Hp seems to be a wonderful machine. The trouble is that I don't
>have that much money to invest and I like my hp-28s. Can we have some
>more posts of programs and ideas for it too..

I second that!
 What about a new group for 48SX (It's kind of booring reading novice questions
about this marvel 6 of 7 posts).

Memory Lost  --  Ooops!
EMAIL: d88-sak@nada.kth.se (Sebastian Akerman)                Tel: +46-8-159993

d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) (03/15/90)

[Stuff deleted about HP48 invading this newsgroup]

OK, so the HP48 is a great machine. Let's keep this newsgroup clean from
messages like:

"I only wanted to say that my manual says ROM revision A,
but if I look on the inside of the box it was delivered in there is a B,
written by hand. Does that mean that my HP48 has the new ROM?"

...or...

"Hey, this machine is great. By for now. By the way, this is my first posting
to the net."

Not to mension all articles with panic-smelling "HP28 For sale" messages.

--
Stefan Lindmark  Email: d88-sli@nada.kth.se  Snail-mail: Don't even bother...

malloy@nprdc.arpa (Sean Malloy) (03/15/90)

In article <3131@draken.nada.kth.se> d88-sak@nada.kth.se (Sebastian ]kerman) writes:
>In article <90071.193310GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu> GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) writes:
>>The new Hp seems to be a wonderful machine. The trouble is that I don't
>>have that much money to invest and I like my hp-28s. Can we have some
>>more posts of programs and ideas for it too..

>I second that!
> What about a new group for 48SX (It's kind of booring reading novice questions
>about this marvel 6 of 7 posts).

It seems like only weeks ago that we were seeing _exactly_ the same
complaints from people who thought that there were too many postings
for the HP-28S, and not enough about other handhelds. How short
people's memories are -- It _was_ only weeks ago.

"There are too many postings about machine _X_ and not enough about
_my_ machine _Y_" sounds to me like sour grapes. It was okay when the
HP-28S was king of the heap, but once another machine becomes more
popular for postings, it's not? When did comp.sys.handhelds become
comp.sys.hp28?

 Sean Malloy                                  | ". . . They always have an air
 Navy Personnel Research & Development Center | of cheap melodrama about them."
 San Diego, CA 92152-6800                     | "You will find, my dear, that
 malloy@nprdc.navy.mil                        | _true_ melodrama _never_ comes

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (03/15/90)

In article <3131@draken.nada.kth.se> d88-sak@nada.kth.se (Sebastian ]kerman) writes:
>In article <90071.193310GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu> GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) writes:
>>The new Hp seems to be a wonderful machine. The trouble is that I don't
>>have that much money to invest and I like my hp-28s. Can we have some
>>more posts of programs and ideas for it too..
>
>I second that!
> What about a new group for 48SX (It's kind of booring reading novice questions
>about this marvel 6 of 7 posts).

Baloney!  If this group is for questions on handheld machines, and for tips
and sowftare for them, then anything that people want to post about the 48sx
is fair game.  It's a handheld, isn't it?  Do you think that if the 48sx
traffic moves off of the newsgroup that the number of non-48sx messages will
go up?  Hardly.  When the excitement dies down (in a year or two :-)), then
the 48sx will get as much traffic as HP's top-of-the-line machine usually
gets, with the addition of other info on other machines.

We could be really nice to folks who don't want to hear about the machine and
put '48sx' in the keywords list.....

--Mike