[comp.sys.handhelds] Anyone know about the TI graphics calculator?

riddle@mathcs.emory.edu (Larry Riddle) (03/14/90)

I recently received a letter from Addison-Wesley discussing
a calculus(?) text they will publish that incorporates the use
of graphing calculators. They mentioned the
Casio and HP-28s calculators, and also indicated that Texas
Instrument would soon be releasing a graphics calculator. Does
anyone know anything about this calculator? When will it be
available? How will it compare with the HP-28s?

Thanks for any information.

--
Larry Riddle        | riddle@mathcs.emory.edu         PREFERRED
Agnes Scott College | {decvax,gatech}!emory!riddle    UUCP

billw@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (William C Wickes) (03/16/90)

The TI-81 calculator has been shown at math education conferences, although
it is not available yet.  In features it is generally comparable to the
Casio FX-7000, with most observers preferring the TI over the Casio.

gchow@undergrad.cs.ubc.ca (george kai yee chow) (03/17/90)

In article <21580031@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM> billw@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (William C Wickes) writes:
>it is not available yet.  In features it is generally comparable to the
>Casio FX-7000, with most observers preferring the TI over the Casio.

Just wondering, is there any reason why the FX-7000 is the only Casio ever
mentioned?  The FX-8500 has been available since last summer and it's
basically an 8000 with about 8K of memory.