[comp.sys.handhelds] Undocumented feature on the HP28s solver

d89-bfr@sm.luth.se (d89-bfr) (03/15/90)

Sometimes it's nice to know the sign of a function and where the
function is tested, when solving for roots. The derivate would also be
nice to know. The sign of the function, and where it is tested can be
showed. I noticed this when I slipped on my fingers. If you after
pushing [SHIFT] [var], press [ENTER], you will see two rows looking
like this

s  xxxxxxxx
s  xxxxxxxx

Where s is the sign of the function at the value xxxxxxxx. This way
you can see how the progress of the root finding. At least I didn't
know about this and I certainly haven't found it in the manuals.
   _
/Bjorn.

jall@diku.dk (Mogens Jallberg) (03/21/90)

d89-bfr@sm.luth.se (d89-bfr) writes:

>At least I didn't
>know about this and I certainly haven't found it in the manuals.

I hate to dissapoint you, but the feature is in fact described in the
manuals. I do not remember where, though.

Mogens Jallberg