[comp.sys.handhelds] hp28 and hp48 software archive.

peraino@gmu90x.gmu.edu (peraino) (03/23/90)

>From ds@dodger.ATT.COM Thu Mar 22 16:09:18 1990
>Subject: HP-48 remote ftp site access
>
>There was a way to recall files from the HP28 ftp site with email
>msg commands.  Does this exist with the HP48 site.  Those of us
>without ftp access need this remote method for retrieving files.
>

>Doug

     The hp28 archive at gmuvax2.gmu.edu will be changed to accomodate
BOTH the 28 and the 48. To do this, I am going to break out the hp28
directory into two main directories (28 and 48) and there will be
further sub-directories based on subject. This is going to
take me a bit of time. If I simply make the change, the ftp people
will have no problem but the "mail-order" people will have
endless problems. I will meet with my UNIX administrator and will
make sure that everything will be accessible via E-mail.
For the time being, just dump everything into 'new' and I will
eventually get around to moving and indexing it all.

       Bob Peraino                   UUCP    : uunet!pyrdc!gmu90x!peraino
 George Mason University             INTERNET: peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu
UCIS, Thompson Hall, rm 2 <-         BITNET  : peraino@gmuvax
  4400 University Drive     \        PHONE   : (703)-323-2549
   Fairfax, VA  22030        \- Yeah, they put us in the basement, too.