[comp.sys.handhelds] Command to enter EDIT mode.

pa1409@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Steven Haehnichen) (03/27/90)

Has anyone else tried the example for PKT (p.631)?  It's a Kermit
request for directory listing.  "D"  "G"  PKT sends the request, and
then the host responds with a directory.
My PC (in server mode) uploaded a file named $KERMIT$.TMP, which was
a string placed on the stack of the 48.  Neat idea!  MS-DOS DIR as a
string acknowledgement message.... Anyway, of course, it is a string, so
it wasn't in multi-line, and all that was visible was "Volume in
drive C..."

So, what I would like to do is put the user into EDIT mode to view
the directory.  (Like pressing <\ EDIT or [down])  I looked all over
the manual and couldn't come up with a programmable command to do
this.  (or enter EquationWriter, or MatrixWriter)  I know, it's only one
keystroke, but just the thought that I _can't_ program something to
be automatic.... :)

By the way, does anyone have a list of any other Kermit PKT
commands?  "Remote directory" worked fine (very interesting), but
none of the other "remote ..." commands were accepted.

Ok, I admit it!  I want to LOGIN to my HP48!!

sorry.. :)
	 Steve.

shaehnichen@ucsd.edu

bobwo@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Bob Worsley) (03/28/90)

>By the way, does anyone have a list of any other Kermit PKT
>commands?  "Remote directory" worked fine (very interesting), but
>none of the other "remote ..." commands were accepted.

The 48SX SERVER responds to the following packets:
	G F	Finish
	G L	Logout
	G D	Remote directory
	C	Remote host (the packet contents are 48SX commands as typed
		in on the command line)

alonzo@microsoft.UUCP (Alonzo GARIEPY) (03/29/90)

In article <9339@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> pa1409@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Steven Haehnichen) writes:
> So, what I would like to do is put the user into EDIT mode to view

Try the INPUT command documented on page 524 of the manual.

Alonzo Gariepy
alonzo@microsoft