[comp.sys.handhelds] Is there really an hp48sx? OR Don't buy from educalc

hernes@plains.UUCP (Eric L. Hernes I.) (04/12/90)

I just received a package from federal express, which I thought would be an
hp-48sx (since I seem to recall that I ordered one).  Inside the Fed. Ex.
box there was another box that said Hewlett Packard on it. The number on the
box was HP-82240B.  The box said inside was an Infra-red printer.  I
immediatly called edu-rip-off, they said that I was the fifth one to call
today with the same complaint.  Now here is my question:  Is there really an
HP-48sx, or is HP/educalc just trying to sell more infra-red printers by
marketing them as hp-48sx's??????????

--
Eric L. Hernes I.
hernes@plains.nodak.edu => H,E,R,N,E,S,at,P,L,A,I,N,S,dot,N,O,D,A,K,dot,E,D,U

bgribble@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Bill Gribble) (04/13/90)

In article <4100@plains.UUCP> hernes@plains.UUCP (Eric L. Hernes I.) writes:

Don't you think this kind of thing would be more appropriate for
  soc.culture.nazi?  I don't know what you were thinking when you posted
  this racist crap, but there's really no excuse for it.

By the way, I got my '48 from educalc without any problems, as I did
  my 28s when it came out.  They're a good company that made a mistake,
  that's all.

=====   Bill Gribble           Internet: bgribble@jarthur.claremont.edu =====
=====   Harvey Mudd College              wgribble@hmcvax.claremont.edu  =====
=====   Claremont, CA 91711    Bitnet:   wgribble@hmcvax.bitnet         =====
=====   (714) 621-8000 x2045                                            =====

bobp@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (robert.phillips) (04/13/90)

In article <4100@plains.UUCP> hernes@plains.UUCP (Eric L. Hernes I.) writes:

>--
>Eric L. Hernes I.
>hernes@plains.nodak.edu => H,E,R,N,E,S,at,P,L,A,I,N,S,dot,N,O,D,A,K,dot,E,D,U
>UUNET!PLAINS!hernes =>  U,U,N,E,T,bang,P,L,A,I,N,S,bang,H,E,R,N,E,S
>hernes@plains.bitnet =>  H,E,R,N,E,S,at,P,L,A,I,N,S,dot,B,I,T,N,E,T

Uh, excuse me, but are you aware that the "Keywords" field of your message
contains several offensive ethnic slurs?  If you aren't, then perhaps you might
consider apologizing to the net at large, since this is the normal course
of action taken by civilized people who inadvertently commit acts that
society finds offensive.  I think there has been enough turmoil and
discovery over the last 20 years to safely say that society finds
ethnic and racial slurs offensive.

If you are aware that you posted something this nasty to a public forum with
a WIDE distribution, then perhaps those of us offended should just dash
off a quick message to the system administrator of "plains."

tinguely@plains.UUCP (Mark Tinguely) (04/14/90)

In article <4100@plains.UUCP> hernes@plains.UUCP (Eric L. Hernes I.) writes:

>I just received a package from federal express, which I thought would be an
>hp-48sx (since I seem to recall that I ordered one).  Inside the Fed. Ex.
>box there was another box that said Hewlett Packard on it. The number on the
>box was HP-82240B.  The box said inside was an Infra-red printer.  I
>immediatly called edu-rip-off, they said that I was the fifth one to call
>today with the same complaint.  Now here is my question:  Is there really an
>HP-48sx, or is HP/educalc just trying to sell more infra-red printers by
>marketing them as hp-48sx's??????????

 As system administrator of plains, the North Dakota HECN Unix machine,
 I wish to formally apologize on the behalf of Eric Hernes for the above
 posted article.

 Mr. (though with his childish actions, he does not deserve this title) Hernes'
 attitude in no way reflect the users of North Dakota, nor this institution.

 There is no way to even begin to justify this kind of behavior, and I assure
 you if he gets an account back on this machine, he will not get net news
 posting ability.

 I agree with the author of a follow up to the above article, who said
 this kind of behavior is something that would be in a nazi newsgroup.

--
Mark Tinguely           North Dakota State University,  Fargo, ND  58105
  UUCP:                 ...!uunet!plains!tinguely