[comp.sys.handhelds] Plug in cards for the HP 48sx

smithj@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Jeremy Smith) (04/12/90)

Message #14685 "INT HP Handhelds"
Date: 08-Mar-90 23:56
From: Nick Reid
To:   Mock Alias
Subj: Re: HI
Previous Reply is Message #14684.  Next Reply is Message #14703

In a message to Nick Reid <03-08-90 21:23> Mock Alias wrote:

MA> NICK THE ATARI PF USES MITSUBISHI PLASTICS RAM CARDS

Hi Mock -

I've heard that standard Epson cards of the 48SX size are OK by HP for use
in the new calc.  I guess that means "won't void the warranty"?  Presumably
their only disadvantage is the lack of the little grip to get them out
easily.....

Nick

---
 * Origin: No Zone - London UK GMT+0 - @FidoNet (2:253/159)

pa1409@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Steven Haehnichen) (04/14/90)

In article <17579@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> smithj@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU.UUCP (Jeremy Smith) writes:

>I've heard that standard Epson cards of the 48SX size are OK by HP for use
>in the new calc.  I guess that means "won't void the warranty"?  Presumably
>their only disadvantage is the lack of the little grip to get them out
>easily.....
>Nick

Is this true?  If so, does anyone have info on the Epson cards?
(like the model number, price, or distributors)

Sounds unlikely, but.....

Steve.					- shaehnichen@ucsd.edu