[comp.sys.handhelds] ELEK-TEK and the HP-48SX

esc@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (evan.s.crandall) (04/12/90)

I did not read this group prior to ordering my HP-48 from
ELEK-TEK in Illinois. After calling in my order I started
reading the group and, to my horror, found several flames
about ELEK-TEK's service. My calculator arrived less than
48 hours after I phoned in the order -- not bad service,
especially when you consider I live in NJ (600+ miles away)
and did not ask for priority handling.

Add one positive datapoint for ELEK-TEK...

Steve Crandall

pa1409@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Steven Haehnichen) (04/14/90)

In article <11309@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> esc@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (evan.s.crandall) writes:
>[...]
>ELEK-TEK in Illinois. After calling in my order I started
>reading the group and, to my horror, found several flames
>about ELEK-TEK's service. My calculator arrived less than
>48 hours after I phoned in the order -- not bad service, [...]
>
>Add one positive datapoint for ELEK-TEK...
>
>Steve Crandall

I hate to waste bandwidth on "Me too!"s, but I think Elek-Tek
deserves fair mention.
I received excellent phone service, and was told to expect my HP48 in
1 to 2 weeks. (std shipping)  Six days later... one happy customer was missing
sleep...

datapoint++

Steve.                   -shaehnichen@ucsd.edu