[comp.sys.handhelds] Another try

hptool@rigel.efd.lth.se (05/08/90)

**** HELLO WORLD ****

I wonder if there is someone in Sweden who has made a serial cable for the
HP48 yet. PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY, if there is... I need information about
where I can can get the parts for it (The interface kit is not yet available in
Sweden, And I want one NOW (I just can't wait!)).

Fredrik Norrman                          | MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS!!
Electrical Engineering                   |
Lund Institute of Technology             | HP48SX... I just LOVE it!!

Internet :  e89fn@rigel.efd.lth.se       | Hewlett Packard made it again...

lennartb@lne.kth.se (Lennart Boerjeson @ KTH/LNE, The Royal Inst. of Tech.) (05/08/90)

In article <0093657E.EA9FEAE0@rigel.efd.lth.se>, hptool@rigel.efd.lth.se writes:
>**** HELLO WORLD ****
>
>I wonder if there is someone in Sweden who has made a serial cable for the
>HP48 yet. PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY, if there is... I need information about
>where I can can get the parts for it (The interface kit is not yet available in
>Sweden, And I want one NOW (I just can't wait!)).
>

>Fredrik Norrman                          | MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS!!
>Electrical Engineering                   |
>Lund Institute of Technology             | HP48SX... I just LOVE it!!
>Internet :  e89fn@rigel.efd.lth.se       | Hewlett Packard made it again...

According to the local branch of Molex (Molex Svenska AB) is the correct plug
(51004-0400) "not for sale" in Europe. They had ONE, for demonstration purposes
only, which I now have. (Thanks, Nicholas!) Before I got it, I ripped a
female D25 connector apart and inserted the little sockets one by one in the
48. Worked perfectly!
!++
! Lennart Boerjeson, System Manager
! School of Electrical Engineering
! Royal Institute of Technology
! S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
! tel: int+46-8-7907814
! Internet: lennartb@lne.kth.se
!--

d89-ahg@sm.luth.se (d89-ahg) (05/08/90)

>>I wonder if there is someone in Sweden who has made a serial cable for the
>>HP48 yet.

Yes, I took one of this things you put an IC in, "IC-hallare",
cut out 3 of the holes and it now fits 3 of the calculators 4 pins,
ground recieve & transmit, the 4 pin isn't connected but it works fine!
The rest you need to know can be read at funic.funet.fi I believe...

Swedish: ELFA har en kontakt med 2 mm's delning som borde passat, men den jag
kopte hade runda hal och hp:n har 4kantiga ben och de passar inte ihop...
mvh Anders Hedberg