[comp.sys.handhelds] Range of HP universal remote

kevin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Kevin Klop) (05/25/90)

In article <31210025@hpcvia.CV.HP.COM> rayde@hpcvia.CV.HP.COM (ray_depew) writes:
>The scratch monkey man says:
>
>>  HP may be
>>  good, but you're not good enough to put leashes on particles traveling
>>  at the speed of light.
>
>The guys in the R&D lab are working on it right now.  Problem is, the
>leashes are held together with cosmic glue, and the stuff's pretty expensive
>from our current Japanese supplier...
>
>Ray
>
>----------

Have you tried week-old Coke spills as a substitute?

			-- Kevin --

edp@jareth@enet.dec.com (Always mount a scratch monkey.) (05/28/90)

In article <7149@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, jn163051@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu
(Joel Nevison) writes...

>> I'm pretty sure the photons do not stop at 18 inches.  HP may be
>>good, but you're not good enough to put leashes on particles traveling
>>at the speed of light.  :-)
>>				-- edp
>
>Mr. edp....  When I read this kind of gratuitous flaming/mockery I
>strongly disapprove!

It's a JOKE!  Geez, read news.announce.newusers so you'll know the meaning of
":-)".  And if you'd bothered to read the follow-up articles before flaming,
you'd see that a person at HP got the joke and played along.

				-- edp (Eric Postpischil)
				"Always mount a scratch monkey."
				edp@jareth.enet.dec.com

kluge@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Oliver Kluge) (05/29/90)

In article <7149@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> jn163051@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Joel Nevison) writes:
>of a few idiots like yourself and mr. Kluge might possibly drive off
          ^^^^^^
>-Joel Nevison

This is not rec.praise.the.great.hp newsgroup. I have used
improper language myself, but this is something else.

No comment on the insult.

Oliver Kluge

--
                                         / relay.cs.net (CS-NET, ARPA)