[comp.sys.handhelds] ROM upgrades: HP told me....

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (05/29/90)

Well, I was quite concerned with one particular bug when I first
purchased my 48SX, the complex number error in equation writer.
(ie (r,t)=r*cos(t)+i*r*sin(t) but equation writer says differently)

Anyways, I called HP in Corvallis (sp?) and they said to check with them in
about 6 months and I could send my calculator in for a FREE upgrade if the
problem really affected the use of my calculator.

Well, the original problems no longer bothers me (I've finished my complex math
course) but I would like to get new roms anyways.
-------------------------------------
George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

delavier@uni2a.unige.ch (06/02/90)

In article <1948@mindlink.UUCP>, a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
> Well, I was quite concerned with one particular bug when I first
> purchased my 48SX, the complex number error in equation writer.
> (ie (r,t)=r*cos(t)+i*r*sin(t) but equation writer says differently)
>
> Anyways, I called HP in Corvallis (sp?) and they said to check with them in
> about 6 months and I could send my calculator in for a FREE upgrade if the
> problem really affected the use of my calculator.
>
> Well, the original problems no longer bothers me (I've finished my complex math
> course) but I would like to get new roms anyways.
> George Lin
> a309@mindlink
> uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

Good news for US, but for you, bummer! did you forget hp people read this
newsgroup *too* ?