[comp.sys.handhelds] HPX not yet extinct?

umapd51@sunc.cc.ic.ac.uk (W.A.C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz) (06/09/90)

A new sighting of HPX Exchange, previously believed extinct, has been
reported from the CHIP meeting and picnic in the Chicago area last
weekend.
The report claims that V2N1 of the HPX Exchange publication was seen
during this meeting. The report may be doubtful, since the meeting was
attended largely by enthusiasts of HP handheld computing - the sighting
could therefore be due to mass hysteria ;-}
Confirmation, or otherwise, of this report would be most welcome,
especially by people in remote regions more than a 1,000 miles from
Chicago, such as London, Ulan Bator and Orange County.
In the meantime, we shall just have to make do with the latest issue of
DATAFILE while we wait. ;->
Actually, this is just a follow-up to the request for a report on the
CHIP meeting - it sounds as if the meeting was very interesting and
included lots of good information about the HP48.
Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz, Space and Atmospheric Physics, Imperial
College, London.
BITNET: UMAPD51 @ VAXA.CC.IC.AC.UK (this address can be reached from
uucp)    or  MIER @ SPVA.PH.IC.AC.UK
uucp: see address at top of this message
Disclaimer - dis ain't no claim, just a polite question.

ianm@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Ian Mitchell) (06/10/90)

W.A.C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz writes:

> A new sighting of HPX Exchange, previously believed extinct, has been
> reported from the CHIP meeting and picnic in the Chicago area last
> weekend.
> The report claims that V2N1 of the HPX Exchange publication was seen
> during this meeting. The report may be doubtful, since the meeting was
> attended largely by enthusiasts of HP handheld computing - the sighting
> could therefore be due to mass hysteria

No, it's true, really it is.  There's a copy on Bill Wickes'
desk.  I reckon he ought to be careful though and keep it
hidden just in case Indiana Jones comes after it.

Tarqs [the noticing-these-things]

ianm@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Ian Mitchell) (06/10/90)

Disclaimer:

Tarqs [the Guest-HP-Corvallis]

ianm@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Ian Mitchell) (06/10/90)

OOps, let's get this absolutely right --

Disclaimer:

Tarqs [the Guest-of-HP-Corvallis]