[comp.sys.handhelds] Accessing SWAP from the keyboard

tjb@tadtec.uucp (Tim Bissell) (06/14/90)

Hi there!

Has anyone else noticed that if you are not editing a command line,
pressing the left and right arrow keys performs their orange shift
operations; in the case of the right arrow a SWAP, in the case of the
left arrow you get put into GRAPH mode.

A useful short cut -- I didn't notice it when I first read the manual,
and I flipped through again and didn't see it.  Sorry if it was mentioned.

Tim.

--
Tim Bissell  Tadpole Technology| (tjb@tadtec.UUCP || ...!mcsun!ukc!tadtec!tjb)
Somewhere in Cambridge ENGLAND | "...If you're gonna take off your clothes

math1i7@jetson.uh.edu (06/14/90)

In article <TJB.90Jun13184911@tadtec.uucp>, tjb@tadtec.uucp (Tim Bissell) writes:

> Has anyone else noticed that if you are not editing a command line,
> pressing the left and right arrow keys performs their orange shift
> operations; in the case of the right arrow a SWAP, in the case of the
> left arrow you get put into GRAPH mode.
>
> A useful short cut -- I didn't notice it when I first read the manual,

Those are useful -- I was able to find the one about the right arrow
performing a SWAP.  See page 63 in Volume 1.  I didn't see the other
one though.

Gordon

P.S. -- I just got my HP48SX -- what a lovely machine!

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (06/15/90)

Bissell) writes:

> Has anyone else noticed that if you are not editing a command line,
> pressing the left and right arrow keys performs their orange shift
> operations; in the case of the right arrow a SWAP, in the case of the
> left arrow you get put into GRAPH mode.

It IS in the manual, and it's also quite clearly mentioned.
A very useful thing, though.

> A useful short cut -- I didn't notice it when I first read the manual,
> and I flipped through again and didn't see it.  Sorry if it was mentioned.

I like the up- and down arrows very much. They're intuitive !

As regards to the time mgmt stuff I promised earlier, I'll
have to disappoint you. I won't get it into postable shape,
and most of you probably would do better with the APPT application.

On the other hand, I do have a slightly more structured cash
notice book (with different, configurable accounts, and a
"Summarize, archive and restart" feature)

If you are interested in this (I use it all the time to keep track
of personal and business expenses) please mail me, and I'll post.

	Jon W{tte, Stockholm, Sweden, h+@nada.kth.se