[comp.sys.handhelds] SVC and globally accessable programs.

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (06/14/90)

Well, I've taken a slightly different approach than the SVC (service call)
method.
#1) I put all my functions that I want globally accessible in { HOME }
#2) I make a directory in { HOME } called MAIN  (path: { HOME MAIN }
#3) I reassign my HOME key on the keypad (31.3) as:
    << { HOME MAIN } EVAL >>

Therefore, eveytime I hit the home key, I get into the MAIN directory.
I never enter the HOME directory unless I want to access my global functions.

The directory structure is like this:

      DIR4-1        DIR4-2
        |             |
        +------+------+

            DIR3-1          DIR3-2          DIR3-3
              |               |               |
              +---------------+---------------+

  I stay above this    --->  MAIN
  directory 99% of            |
  the time!                   |
                             HOME (global functions go here)

-------------------------
George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin
[did I post this message before or am I just having Deja-Vu]

louxj@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (John W. Loux) (06/15/90)

In article <2117@mindlink.UUCP> a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
>Well, I've taken a slightly different approach than the SVC (service call)
>method.
>#1) I put all my functions that I want globally accessible in { HOME }
>#2) I make a directory in { HOME } called MAIN  (path: { HOME MAIN }
>#3) I reassign my HOME key on the keypad (31.3) as:
>    << { HOME MAIN } EVAL >>

Let me commend you, this is indeed the most direct method of dealing with
utilities.  It is more intuitive and easier to organize that SVC allows.

On thing though, the key assignment could easily be << HOME MAIN >>.

John W. Loux
Solve and Integrate Corp.
louxj@jacobs.cs.orst.edu