[comp.sys.handhelds] Almanac Program for the HP-48SX long message at last!

pacolley@violet.uwaterloo.ca (Paul Colley) (06/28/90)

In article <31210033@hpcvia.CV.HP.COM> scottb@hpcvia.CV.HP.COM (Scott_Burke)
writes:
>Here's a general note on menus.
>
>It IS possible to display a menu without halting or terminating a
>program with a HALT or KILL statement.

[...]

>The next step is presumable an input loop, waiting for key presses.
>This is done with a -1 WAIT statement, which WILL display the menu
>while it waits for a keypress.  Note that 0 WAIT performs the
>identical function but does NOT display the menu.

This DOES halt the HP48, at least until a key is pressed.  I want to be
able to display a menu without stopping for a key press.

Is there some way to display a menu when using the KEY command?

- Paul Colley
  Department of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
  Waterloo, Canada
  pacolley@violet.waterloo.edu or .ca