[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48SX in London

AARIE@BGUVM.BITNET (07/16/90)

Hi,

My parents will be in London next month. Where can I buy an HP48 in London ?
How much does it cost ?

Thanks,
Arie

mik@hpopd.HP.COM (Mik Butler) (07/17/90)

> My parents will be in London next month. Where can I buy an HP48 in London ?
> How much does it cost ?

The Tottenham Court Road in London has many computer/calculator shops on
it.  Just take the tube (underground) to Tottenham Court Road tube station.

The cost will be about 290 pounds plus VAT (value-added tax), i.e. about
330 pounds total.  Thats about $600 U.S., so you may find it cheaper to buy
it from a U.S. mail order company and get it shipped over.

Mik Butler,
mik@hpopd.hp.com

This is not an official Hewlett-Packard response.  In fact neither
Bill Hewlett or Dave Packard have ever heard of me.

mik@hpopd.HP.COM (Mik Butler) (07/19/90)

> My parents will be in London next month. Where can I buy an HP48 in London ?
> How much does it cost ?

More info on buying an HP48sx in London - if its bought from Eurocalc
at the Sonic photo centre in Tottenham Court road, or Selfridges in
Oxford street, then your parents should obtain a VAT reclaim from the shop.
This'll let them get the tax back.

The HP48sx is priced at 287 pounds excluding VAT.

neil@kcl-cs.UUCP (Neil Faulks) (07/19/90)

In article <8480002@hpopd.HP.COM> mik@hpopd.HP.COM (Mik Butler) writes:
>> My parents will be in London next month. Where can I buy an HP48 in London ?
>> How much does it cost ?
>
>The Tottenham Court Road in London has many computer/calculator shops on
>it.  Just take the tube (underground) to Tottenham Court Road tube station.

A general word of warning. Don't buy anything in Tottenham Court Road
if you plan to take it back to the shop if it goes wrong. The quality
of service from the shops in this road is legendary.

Selfridges on Oxford Street (Bond St tube) does stock the 48SX,
it *may* cost a little more but they are much more reasonable to deal with.

--
Neil Faulks
..!ukc!kcl-cs!neil