[comp.sys.handhelds] Educalc?

winters@Apple.COM (Steve Winters) (07/25/90)

Would some kind soul please send me Educalc's address and/or 800#?

Thanks.

edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Eric Postpischil (Always mount a scratch monkey.)) (07/25/90)

	Pick up phone.
	Dial 1-800-555-1212.
	Say "Do you have a number for Educalc (or other business)?".

Educalc, general	1-714-831-2637
Educalc, orders	1-800-677-7001
Elek-Tek		1-800-621-1269

				-- edp

edp@jareth.enet.dec.com (Eric Postpischil (Always mount a scratch monkey.)) (07/25/90)

Line-eater fodder.

Before somebody misinterprets my last message as being too brusque, be
aware that the first few lines were cut off.  I thought the line-eaters
were dead?

Anyway, I was obviously supplying numbers for Educalc and Elek-Tek and
letting people know how they could find this information themselves in
the future.

				-- edp

kevinc@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Kevin E Cosgrove) (07/26/90)

In article <43325@apple.Apple.COM> tekig5!zephyr.ens.tek.com!ogicse!ucsd!usc!apple!winters winters@Apple.COM (Steve Winters) writes:
>Would some kind soul please send me Educalc's address and/or 800#?
>
>Thanks.

27953 Cabot Road
Laguna Niguel, CA  92677

1-800-633-2252  ext. 356

They appear to use the extension number to identify which version
catalog you've got, and set their prices using that information.
But, this is only conjecture on my part.

Kevin Cosgrove <escargot.UUCP!cathouse!kevinc>

malloy@nprdc.arpa (Sean Malloy) (07/26/90)

In article <6633@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM> kevinc@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Kevin E Cosgrove) writes:
>1-800-633-2252  ext. 356
>
>They appear to use the extension number to identify which version
>catalog you've got, and set their prices using that information.
>But, this is only conjecture on my part.

EduCalc subscribes to an order-taking service; the 800 number doesn't
go to EduCalc -- the extension tells the service what company you're
placing an order with. That's why the 800 number is for orders only --
the people who answer the phone aren't going to have information on
products.

 Sean Malloy                                   | "The Crystal Wind is the
 Navy Personnel Research & Development Center  | Storm, and the Storm is Data,
 San Diego, CA 92152-6800                      | and the Data is Life."
 malloy@nprdc.navy.mil                         | -- _Emerald Eyes_, D.K. Moran

Stephen_J_Thomas@cup.portal.com (07/26/90)

Regarding the destination of Educalc's 800 numbers:

800-677-7001 DOES go direct to Educalc in Laguna Niguel CA

800-633-2252 x350 goes to an order-taking company

steve thomas