[comp.sys.handhelds] USRLIB for Mac, Amiga

bqt@noggerchoc (Johnny Billquist) (07/01/90)

In article <5aoH02L0b27V01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, kim@uts (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>My God ... what an enlightened attitude (for a company to actually provide the
>source code to "outsiders")!  My congratulations and sincere thanks go out
>to those responsible for this decision.  No doubt that you personally, Bill,
>had something to do with it.

Hey, remember, HP released the whole OS listing for 41. I think that
they have shown a lot of sense during the years, with regard to their
users.

>/kim

Everybody know that the DECstation	- I'm on a bus
is a pdp8, which is a RISC, but		- on a psychodelic trip,
where did MIPS computers get into it?	- reading murder books
					- and tryin' to stay hip.

	- Johnny Billquist		- Billy Idol

D89.JOHNNY-BILLQUIST@CARMEN.DOCS.UU.SE

ked01@ccc.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (07/05/90)

In article <1568@kuling.UUCP>, bqt@noggerchoc (Johnny Billquist) writes:
> In article <5aoH02L0b27V01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, kim@uts (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>>My God ... what an enlightened attitude (for a company to actually provide the
>>source code to "outsiders")!  My congratulations and sincere thanks go out
>>to those responsible for this decision.  No doubt that you personally, Bill,
>>had something to do with it.
>
>Hey, remember, HP released the whole OS listing for 41. I think that
>they have shown a lot of sense during the years, with regard to their
>users.

Just thought a little praise and encouragement was due this latest show of
"caring for one's customers".  I've always been very happy with HP as a
company, and most of their products are second to none ... especially their
calculators!

I did not know about the OS listings for the HP41 being released.  As an owner
of one of these *fine* machines (and the PPC ROM), I'm very interested in this.

Do you (or does anybody) know where/how I might be able to get a copy (email,
ftp, bbs, etc)?  How about any other 41 related info/pgms/etc?

Thanks for any help!

/kim

P.S.  I originally tried to email this back to Johnny, but our mailer (which
      is usually pretty "smart") knows from nothing about "noggerchoc".

--
UUCP:  kim@uts.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

ferris@tcville.HAC.COM (Mark Ferris) (07/27/90)

In article <a4Rg02cX01p.01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> ked01@ccc.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>In article <1568@kuling.UUCP>, bqt@noggerchoc (Johnny Billquist) writes:
>> In article <5aoH02L0b27V01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, kim@uts (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>>Hey, remember, HP released the whole OS listing for 41. I think that
>>they have shown a lot of sense during the years, with regard to their
>>users.

I tried mailing to both the parties in this exchange, and my mail got
bounced, so I'm throwing it out to the net.  Is the 41 OS listing really
available, and if so, where might I be able to get a copy of it?

Thanks from an avid HP41 (and now HP48) fan,

Mark Ferris                         smart:    ferris@tcville.edsg.hac.com
Image and Signal Processing Lab     dumb:     ferris%tcville@hac2arpa.hac.com
Hughes Aircraft Co., EDSG           uucp:     hacgate!tcville!ferris