[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48SX for $249

alexw@mipos2.intel.com (Alex Witkowski) (08/21/90)

I just received the latest ELEK-TEK catalog (Volume 21) and was suprised to
find that the prices were significantly lower than EDUCALC.  The sales tax
that can be saved for California buyers is an added bonus.  Considering both,
a Californian can save $40 over EDUCALC's already low price.  Everyone else
can save $25.  Below are some price comparisons:

                EDUCALC		ELEK-TEK
HP48SX          $274.95		$249.00
PRINTER (B)	$115.00		$ 98.00
128K RAM CARD	$194.95		$185.00

My only reservation is that I am not sure whether they are shipping the Rev
D units.  With these great prices and the HP PROMO its getting harder and harderfor me to hold out for the Rev E ROM.  I almost bought the HP48SX in June for
$350 (with tax at Fry's).  Today, you can get the HP-48SX, the infrared printer
and the Equation Library (PROMO) for that price at ELEK-TEK.  No flame intended
for current owners.

I have nothing against EDUCALC.  I bought my HP-41 there many years ago and
received a great price and timely delivery.  I am not associated with ELEK-TEK
in any way.  I just didn't want anyone to miss this great deal.

There address and numbers for mail orders are:

ELEK-TEK
7350 North Linder Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077

1-800-395-1000
1-708-677-7660 (Illinois)

vonb@iitmax.IIT.EDU (Robert Von Borstel) (08/21/90)

in msg:

>I just received the latest ELEK-TEK catalog (Volume 21) and was suprised to
>find that the prices were significantly lower than EDUCALC.  The sales tax
>that can be saved for California buyers is an added bonus.  Considering both,
>a Californian can save $40 over EDUCALC's already low price.  Everyone else
>can save $25.  Below are some price comparisons:
>
>                EDUCALC		ELEK-TEK
>HP48SX          $274.95		$249.00
>PRINTER (B)	$115.00		$ 98.00
>128K RAM CARD	$194.95		$185.00
>
>My only reservation is that I am not sure whether they are shipping the Rev
>D units.  With these great prices and the HP PROMO its getting harder and harderfor me to hold out for the Rev E ROM.  I almost bought the HP48SX in June for
>$350 (with tax at Fry's).  Today, you can get the HP-48SX, the infrared printer
>and the Equation Library (PROMO) for that price at ELEK-TEK.  No flame intended
>for current owners.

Having just received my 48sx from ELEK-TEK, I can vouch that the ROM is
indeed ver D.
--

Robert Von Borstel / Illinois Institute of Technology - ACC  | { for advert.  }
10 West 31st Street,  Chicago, Il   60616  (312) 567-5962    | { rate info    }

kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (08/21/90)

In article <2793@inews.intel.com> alexw@mipos2.intel.com (Alex Witkowski) writes:
>My only reservation is that I am not sure whether they are shipping the Rev
>D units.

I make no promises for what you will get, but a friend of mine bought his 48sx
at Elec-Tek a while ago, and got a revision D.

Michael

tim@casux4.uucp (Tim J Ihde) (08/21/90)

In article <4142@iitmax.IIT.EDU> vonb@iitmax.iit.edu (Robert Von Borstel) writes:
|in msg:
|>My only reservation is that I am not sure whether they are shipping the Rev
|>D units.  With these great prices and the HP PROMO its getting harder
|>and harderfor me to hold out for the Rev E ROM.

|Having just received my 48sx from ELEK-TEK, I can vouch that the ROM is
|indeed ver D.

Did you get the HP PROMO coupon with it?

--
Tim J Ihde
try tim@tws4.UUCP or tim@attdso.att.com

math1i7@jetson.uh.edu (08/22/90)

In article <2793@inews.intel.com>, alexw@mipos2.intel.com (Alex Witkowski) writes:

> My only reservation is that I am not sure whether they are shipping the Rev
> D units.  With these great prices and the HP PROMO its getting harder and harderfor me to hold out for the Rev E ROM.  I almost bought the HP48SX in June for

Not to worry!! I bought my 48 from Elek-Tek 2 months ago and got a Rev D ROM.

Gordon

koslowj@math.ksu.edu (Juergen Koslowski) (08/22/90)

ELEK-TEK  **IS**  shipping Rev. D units, I got mine yesterday. In view of the
fact that only rev. A, B, and C units will be replaced by a rev. E machine for
free early next year (at least that is how I understand some of the recent
postings), this may be a mixed belessing. But even a rev. D machine is
**VERY NICE**! Does anybody know whether D to E upgrades will be available
for a fee?

J"urgen Koslowski

P.S. The Serial Interface Kits for IBM and Mac are both $45.00 at ELEK-TEK.