[comp.sys.handhelds] Serial cable for HP48sx to PC

byu@csri.toronto.edu (Benjamin Yu) (08/24/90)

Has anyone succeeded in making the serial cable for the HP48SX to the PC?
Does one really need the software from HP for up/download even if one
can make the cable him/herself??  Will any communication program like
procomm do??

Thanks for the help!

Benjamin Yu
University of Toronto                CSNET, UUCP, BITNET:
Department of Computer Science         byu@csri.toronto.edu
Toronto, Ontario   Canada M5S 1A4      byu@csri.utoronto.ca
(o)(416)978 - 4299 (h)(416)470 - 8206  {uunet,watmath}!csri.utoronto.edu!byu

jdege@ (Jeff Dege) (08/25/90)

In article <1990Aug24.061522.5740@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> byu@csri.toronto.edu (Benjamin Yu) writes:
>Has anyone succeeded in making the serial cable for the HP48SX to the PC?
>Does one really need the software from HP for up/download even if one
>can make the cable him/herself??  Will any communication program like
>procomm do??
>
>Thanks for the help!

   The communications software on the PC disk is a plain-jane kermit.exe.
I've tried a couple of different terminal programs, and every kermit I've
tried worked.  Conclusion: the software is not necessary.
.