[comp.sys.handhelds] Portfolio Memory Cards?

bw10+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU ("Blake D. Ward") (08/29/90)

Quite some time ago there was speculation in this newsgroup that the
memory cards used by the Atari Portfolio are identical to those used by
other handhelds and electronic musical instruments.  Has anyone actually
verified that this is the case?  In any case, what is the cheapest
source for memory cards for the Portfolio?

While I have the attention of any Portfolio owners out there, does
anybody have any interesting software for it that they would be willing
to email to me?  All I currently have (apart from the built-in
applications) is xterm2.  Surely there must be lots of useful little
programs also available out there.  Perhaps someone would even be
interested in setting up an archive site for Portfolio programs.

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) (08/29/90)

bw10+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU ("Blake D. Ward") writes:

>Quite some time ago there was speculation in this newsgroup that the
>memory cards used by the Atari Portfolio are identical to those used by
>other handhelds and electronic musical instruments.  Has anyone actually
>verified that this is the case?  In any case, what is the cheapest
>source for memory cards for the Portfolio?

Yes, I did verify it.  Even if I press as hard as I dare, the cards will
_NOT_ go in.  Also, it looks like the contacts have a slighly different
spacing...
Anyway, forget it.  Only the real cards seem to fit.  On the other hand,
I heard (but did not verify) that the RAM cards for the Roland synthesizers
DO fit.  Did anybody try?

--
|                 | "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what |
| Jurjen N.E. Bos | it might appear to others that what you were or might |