[comp.sys.handhelds] Small bug in tetris

sharkey@fugazi.uucp (Bernhard Wolf) (09/05/90)

Hi,

I just managed to send tetris into my hp48, after spending
some hours trying to transmit this f*cking 'redsq'...

Although the game is a bit (harhar) slow, it is incredibly
funny. But I found something strange:

Every time the object floats down one step, I get ten points.
If I press 'DROP', it drops down (what else) *WITHOUT*
increasing the score. This seems to be a bit illogical (sp?).

Why should I get fewer points for playing faster?

Any hints/fixes/comments?

ciao, Bernhard
--
---------- Bernhard Wolf - D1000 Berlin 47 - sharkey@fugazi.UUCP -----------
|									   |

lennartb@lne.kth.se (Lennart Boerjeson @ KTH/LNE, The Royal Inst. of Tech.) (09/07/90)

In article <0J6IWXK@fugazi.uucp>, sharkey@fugazi.uucp (Bernhard Wolf) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I just managed to send tetris into my hp48, after spending
>some hours trying to transmit this f*cking 'redsq'...
>
>Although the game is a bit (harhar) slow, it is incredibly
>funny. But I found something strange:
>
>Every time the object floats down one step, I get ten points.
>If I press 'DROP', it drops down (what else) *WITHOUT*
>increasing the score. This seems to be a bit illogical (sp?).
>
>Why should I get fewer points for playing faster?
>
>Any hints/fixes/comments?

Well, as I said, I had no ideas on how the original Tetris awards point.
I have gotten some comments, but I have no time now to hack it. Feel
free to do whatever improvements you like! If you do, please send your
patches back to me.

>ciao, Bernhard
>--
>---------- Bernhard Wolf - D1000 Berlin 47 - sharkey@fugazi.UUCP -----------