[comp.sys.handhelds] Slow keyboard on HP48

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) (09/10/90)

Hi everybody,
Yesterday evening I noticed that the HP48 was missing keypresses when I
typed fast.  I have never seen this behaviour before, and I thought I'd
ask first before pressing ON-a-f :-).  As far as I recall, I did not do any
dirty things.
The exact symptoms: when I type very quickly, a part of the keys pressed
does not respond.  Typing slowly gives 100% response.  The keyboard test
allows me to type as quickly as I like.
My guess is, that there is some pointer in RAM selecting the keyboard
debounce delay, and that it's value is too high to keep up with my typing
speed.
Anybody who knows what's going on, and how to prevent it?
Thanks,
--
|                 | "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what |
| Jurjen N.E. Bos | it might appear to others that what you were or might |

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) (09/11/90)

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) writes:

>Hi everybody,
>Yesterday evening I noticed that the HP48 was missing keypresses when I
>typed fast.  I have never seen this behaviour before, and I thought I'd
[...]
>My guess is, that there is some pointer in RAM selecting the keyboard
>debounce delay, and that it's value is too high to keep up with my typing
[...]
Sorry, I am stupid.  It is even documented in the manual! I had 58 alarms
more than I excpected.  So the machine IS slowing down under those
occasions.
Sorry to have bothered you.