[comp.sys.handhelds] CHIP-48

jthornto@fs1.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) (09/14/90)

Congratulations, Andreas!

CHIP-48 will be one of those programs that every HP48 will have in it.

As soon as someone fixes that screen offset problem for version D ROMs, that
is...
 -------  _/__/   -----------------------------------------------------
        _|  ___|    E l e c t r i c a l      |  Johan Thornton, Esq.
       |-| |/__     o f   B r i t i s h      |-------------------------
 ----  |__|/_|   ------------------------------------------------------

kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (09/14/90)

In article <1408@fs1.ee.ubc.ca> jthornto@fs1.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) writes:
>As soon as someone fixes that screen offset problem for version D ROMs, that
>is...

I have a revision B rom, and I am having problems with the screen too.  Has
anyone had any luck with this?   Also, I was under the impression that the
revision did not have any major differences.  I would call moving where the
screen is stored a major change.  What gives?

Michael

byu@csri.toronto.edu (Benjamin Yu) (09/14/90)

#
# I have a revision B rom, and I am having problems with the screen too.  Has
# anyone had any luck with this?   Also, I was under the impression that the
# revision did not have any major differences.  I would call moving where the
# screen is stored a major change.  What gives?
#
# Michael

I have a revision D rom and I don't really see any screen offset problem??!
The display looks fine.  The score looks great! The only thing I noticed is
that when the ball hits the edge of the paddle, it doesn't bounce back.
Rather, it goes off the screen and I lose the ball.  But then, may be my
reflex is just too slow and my eye is getting bad ..

Ben

SLSW2@cc.usu.edu (Roger Ivie) (09/15/90)

In article <1408@fs1.ee.ubc.ca>, jthornto@fs1.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) writes:
> As soon as someone fixes that screen offset problem for version D ROMs, that
> is...

I've got a Rev D rom and I'm not seeing the screen offset problem.
Roger Ivie

35 S 300 W
Logan, Ut.  84321
(801) 752-8633