[comp.sys.handhelds] Reset buttons

bbs00068@uafcseg.uucp (Joel Kolstad) (08/28/90)

(This really ought to be a reply to some other message, but...)

Someone wanted to know "what the reset button did."  He basically described
his experience with it.  The only thing that I want to add is that it does
generate a WSLOG (undocumented command, for those who don't already know.
Type it in.  Hit Enter.  It stands for Warm Start Log) entry.

					---Joel Kolstad
					kolstad@cae.wisc.edu

howard@lysator.liu.se (M V Howard) (08/28/90)

bbs00068@uafcseg.uucp (Joel Kolstad) writes:

>(This really ought to be a reply to some other message, but...)

>Someone wanted to know "what the reset button did."  He basically described
>his experience with it.  The only thing that I want to add is that it does
>generate a WSLOG (undocumented command, for those who don't already know.
>Type it in.  Hit Enter.  It stands for Warm Start Log) entry.

Some time back when i slammed my first memory card in an merged memory, I
discovered another WSLOG entry. I can't remember if it was merging or
unmerging that caused it. (My memory's a bit rusty on this...)
Anyone with similar experience ??

/MHd

--
Programming isn't a science,         | EMAIL: howard@lage.lysator.liu.se
it's an art.                         |        howard@lysator.liu.se

umapd51@sund.cc.ic.ac.uk (W.A.C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz) (09/17/90)

This is getting further away from the original title, but is still on
the same track. If you do a reset and want to know what is in WSLOG, and
why, then Donnelly' "HP48 Handbook" devotes a whole page (page 97) to
details of when a WSLOG entry (or sometimes two) is created.
Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz, Space and Atmospheric Physics, Imperial
College, London.