[comp.sys.handhelds] Rom Revision

byu@csri.toronto.edu (Benjamin Yu) (09/13/90)

What are the differences between Revision D and Revision E ROMs anyway?
From what I have seen, the only bug is the polar conversion problem
in Revision D and HP here in Toronto says that it won't be fixed in
Revision E (they say the manual never claimed that such a conversion
can be done :-( ).

To check your ROM revision, press ON-D Backspace EVAL.  Note it is
backspace not left arrow!

Ben

billw@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (William C Wickes) (09/14/90)

The symbolic polar complex entry bug is fixed in version 1E.

byu@csri.toronto.edu (Benjamin Yu) (09/14/90)

In article <25590055@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM> billw@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (William C Wickes) writes:
# The symbolic polar complex entry bug is fixed in version 1E.

Apparently, for all you folks trying to figure out when to buy the 48SX,
the version E is out on the market!!  Someone just email me to figure out
how to interpret the message after you hit ON E Backspace EVAL, and he
got HP48-E.  And yes, he verified that the symbolic polar complex bug
is fixed.  May be that person should post a news article telling where
he got his!!  (I was going to ask him but I deleted his email!)

I wonder what other differences are there between D and E??

Benjamin Yu
University of Toronto                CSNET, UUCP, BITNET:
Department of Computer Science         byu@csri.toronto.edu
Toronto, Ontario   Canada M5S 1A4      byu@csri.utoronto.ca
(o)(416)978 - 4299 (h)(416)470 - 8206  {uunet,watmath}!csri.utoronto.edu!byu

byu@csri.toronto.edu (Benjamin Yu) (09/14/90)

> the version E is out on the market!!  Someone just email me to figure out
> how to interpret the message after you hit ON E Backspace EVAL, and he
> got HP48-E.
					     ^^^^^

Sorry it was ON D Backspace EVAL.

Ben

rodmur@csuchico.edu (D.A. Harris) (09/14/90)

In article <25590055@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM> billw@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (William C Wickes) writes:
>The symbolic polar complex entry bug is fixed in version 1E.

When is this ROM version going to be out, can we get it before the Oct. 15?
(which is when the HP48SX and Equation Library Card offer is up)

Dale A. Harris          Chaotically Yours,
rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu  __     __   _    ,
{Internet}               /  )   /  ) ' )  /
Logic is mathematics without content. :-)

nelson@ (Matt Nelson) (09/17/90)

        well, i finally went out and got myself a 48sx.  got it at the
EduCALC store in Laguna Niguel (just down the road :).  it gives the nice
little message
                        Version HP48-E
                        Copyright HP 1989

in other words, yes, EduCALC has the E's.